To display a Google map with directions, enter your starting address below:
Once you exit the freeway, allow up to 45 minutes to drive the last six miles.
IMPORTANT: The 6 mile dirt road into Camp Cole is challenging but drivable for vehicles with 9” or more clearance. Please bring a suitable vehicle. We are unable to provide alternative transportation. We will attempt to help you arrange carpooling with other families from check-in to Camp Cole if possible.
- From Sacramento, take I-80 east to Cisco Grove, Exit 165, about 1 hour and 20 minutes, and 25 minutes west of Truckee.
- On the first day of camp, check-in is held near the Chevron gas station on the south side of the Cisco Grove exit. When check-in is complete, you can drive your child to Camp Cole or arrange to carpool with another family.
- On the north side of the Cisco Grove exit, turn left on Hampshire Rocks Road. Go about 100 yards.
- About 200 feet before the entrance gate to the Thousand Trails private campground, turn right on a Forest Service road.
- Follow the US Forest Service road for six miles.
NOTE: Please drive carefully and slowly. Watch for oncoming vehicles. Vehicles that are uphill have the right of way. You must pull off and allow them to pass. As a courtesy, if a four wheel off-road vehicle is behind you, allow it to pass.
The nearest airport with scheduled commercial flights is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 59 miles east of Camp Cole. We are an all-volunteer organization and we do not have members in that area. We are unable to offer airport transfer service. You must arrange your own transportation from Reno to Cisco Grove at Highway 80. We can arrange transportation from Cisco Grove into Camp Cole.
Alternatively, we may be able to offer transfer service from Sacramento International Airport for an additional $40 fee. Some participants are from the Sacramento area and may be able to accommodate an additional passenger in a private car. If interested, at least two weeks before camp begins, contact us.