In Patrol Leadership Development you gain the skills of a small team leader. You’re exposed to basic and intermediate levels of seven of the 11 leadership competencies. You are given guided opportunities to lead a small team of 6-9 others.
2020 Camp Update
Due to the Coronovirus 19 pandemic and to insure the safety of all participants and staff, we are offering iWhite Stag from July 12-18, 2020. Our Internet camp offers individual study and exercises suited to help you advance your leadership skills. Cost is only $100. If you have already registered, to learn how to request a partial or complete refund, visit our registration page.
As a youth in high school and looking forward to become an adult, you will gain:
- An understanding of basic principles of leadership.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of small teams.
- Understanding of the functions and responsibilities of the leader.
- Awareness of the resources available to the small team.
- The ability to relate the operation of a small team to the main (larger) body.
- A better understanding of how teams work and leadership roles of a group of several small teams.
- Knowledge of different styles of leadership roles.
- Better knowledge about your own ability to work as a small team leader.
To attend Phase 2 Patrol Leadership Development, you need to meet the following qualifications:
- Be age 13 to 14. Or:
- Have completed the 7th grade. Or
- Have previously completed Patrol Member Development. (Prior attendance of Phase 2 is encouraged, but not necessarily required.) Or
- Get the approval of the Phase Leader and Director.
- Have several nights camping experience and and related camping skills.
- Been on at least two overnight backpacking trips, preferably including two 5-mile hikes.
What you do
The week includes a hike about 5-7 miles long during 1-2 days in the backcountry. You’ll develop a intermediate level of skill in these leadership competencies:
- Setting the Example
- Manager of Learning
- Controlling the Group
- Representing the Group
- Sharing Leadership
You develop a basic level competency in:
- Manager of Learning, specifically goal and objectives
Space is limited
Reserve your space at summer camp today. Space is limited and we are likely to reach our capacity soon.